Dr Ivo Ahlquist
Ivo grew up in Hamburg, Germany. Whilst studying Sport Science and Exercise Physiology at the university in Cologne, he trained as a paramedic and worked in the field of emergency care. Ivo also worked at an orthopaedic rehabilitation clinic, taught classes on running and walking technique as well as gait biomechanics.
His passion for human physiology and movement inspired Ivo to gain his Masters of Chiropractic at Macquarie University, Sydney. Since achieving this goal, he has worked as a chiropractor in metropolitan and rural communities in NSW and interstate for over 10 years.
Ivo has completed advanced courses in various chiropractic techniques,
· Functional Neurology
· Applied Kinesiology
· Sacro-Occipital Technique (S.O.T.)
· Torque Release Technique
· Gonstead Technique with certification in Extremity Procedures
· Neuro Impulse Protocol - Adjusting the Child
· Neuro Emotional Technique
· Trigenics, a neurological treatment system for conditions such as 'frozen shoulder' and ‘tennis elbow’.
In his free time, Ivo is doing his best to stay active. He enjoys cycling, running, swimming, triathlon, yoga, Ultimate Frisbee and living life to the fullest. He is working hard on having a healthy lifestyle in all areas of life and enjoys sharing his knowledge about how to have a happy, healthy and long life.